Copyright and trademarks
Our website, its design and all technical infrastructure relating to it and content and material provided within it, is protected by copyright and other intellectual property rights.
Content and material contained in our website may be accessed, downloaded and printed for your personal non-commercial use or for internal non-commercial circulation within your organisation provided that such copying is not for any direct or indirect commercial advantage and any trademark, copyright or other proprietary notices accompanying content or material appear in any copy.
Except as permitted above and use under statutory allowances, you agree to obtain written permission from all appropriate rights owner/s if you wish to copy or use content or material in whole or in part for a direct or indirect commercial purpose or for uses beyond those permitted.
The trademarks of the University of Cambridge and any third party displayed on our website are the registered and unregistered trademarks of the same. Nothing contained in our website shall be taken, construed and/or considered as a grant of a licence or right to use the trademarks displayed on our website without the prior written permission of the owner/s.
This website is hosted on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) cloud systems consequently all personal information collected on this site is stored on the AWS cloud system.
Your personal information is stored and transmitted securely in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and related legislation. It is used for a range of purposes including:
- to contact you and to manage your interactions with the services offered by the University on this site;
- to support the preparation of statistics for monitoring the use, effectiveness of the Foreseer Tool;
- your personal information is disclosed as permitted or required by law and, in particular, to support research reporting duties;
- to support research into how the Foreseer Tool is used; and
- to provide a contact list of users of the Foreseer Tool.
If you decide to cancel your registration, your personal data will be deleted from our records within 30 days of the date of cancellation.
Your password is stored in an encrypted file and is not accessible to any member of the Foreseer Project Group or the public.
Personal information collected on this site will not be passed on to any third party or shared outside of the Foreseer Project Group at the University.
The Foreseer Project Group also collects and stores usage data indefinitely. This data does not include any personal information; it includes:
- The date, time, and number of login attempts.
- The date, time, and number of scenarios run, with their associated user-chosen parameters.
- The data investigated by the user while using the Foreseer Tool.
- User administration history.
This data is intended to assist with usage studies to improve the effectiveness of the Foreseer Tool. Access to this usage data is restricted to appropriate staff in the Foreseer Project at the University. Summary statistics may be extracted from this usage data and may be presented in public fora or in publications.
In case of any problems or emergency please contact email@example.com
Your obligations when accessing our website
In accessing any part of our website, you agree:
- not to use our website in such a way that disrupts, interferes with or restricts the use of our website by other users;
- not, except insofar as permitted by law, to reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts forming part of our website or attempt to transmit to or via our website any information that contains a virus, worm, Trojan horse or other harmful or disruptive component; and
- not to change, modify, delete, interfere with or misuse data contained on our website and entered by or relating to any third party user of our website.
Your obligations when making contributions to our website
By submitting a Contribution to the website, you agree to grant the University of Cambridge a non-exclusive licence to that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your contribution the University of Cambridge will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, modify, archive, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence is free of charge, perpetual and capable of being sub-licensed. The University of Cambridge may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please note that , in accordance with the Rules below, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the website, you are warranting that you have the right to grant the University of Cambridge the non-exclusive copyright licence described above. If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to the University of Cambridge, please do not submit the Contribution to this website.
By submitting a contribution to our website you warrant that:
- Your contribution is your own original work or you have a licence from the author/s or copyright owner/s of the work to grant us use of the work on the terms of the licence above
- You will comply with the Rules below
- Your contribution does not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property right of any person or organisation, which includes your having obtained sufficient rights for us to make use of the contribution as agreed to above:
- from rights holders of third party copyright materials that you may have included in your contribution in whole or in part, e.g. others’ literary works, photographs or other artistic works, dramatic works, musical works, sound recordings, films or broadcasts, or that others’ materials are used in your contribution under statutory (legislative) exemption such as fair dealing for the purposes of criticism or review; and
- you have obtained consents from all identifiable persons in any images or video/film or sound recordings that you may have included in your contribution (including parental/legal guardian consent for those under 16 and for those who are vulnerable adults).
If you are under 16 you must obtain permission from your parent or legal guardian to contribute to our website.
- Comply with applicable UK law and the law of the country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material that is likely to offend, provoke or attack other contributors to or users of our site
- Contain any material that is defamatory of any person
- Contain any material that is obscene, offensive, abusive or hateful
- Promote sexually explicit material
- Promote violence or contain a statement or describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- Promote discrimination on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, race, religion, or nationality
- Infringe any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of any person or organisation
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act or illegal activity
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence
- Be threatening, harass, abuse or invade another’s privacy or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person
- Be used to impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or falsely state or falsely suggest an affiliation with any person or organisation
- Contain any material that contains viruses or any other computer code, programs or files designed to destroy, interrupt or limit the functionality of any computer, computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
We reserve the right to delete without warning any contribution which breaches these Rules and to take further action, including legal action, as we reasonably feel is necessary or is required by law.
Exclusions and limitations of liability
Owing to the nature of the Internet we cannot guarantee that our website or the websites to which it is linked will always be available to you. We also cannot guarantee that any material which you access or download from our website or the websites to which it is linked will be free from infection, viruses and/or other code that has contaminating or destructive properties. You should therefore ensure that you have appropriate protection against viruses and other security arrangements in place whilst using the Internet.
Our website has been prepared with the primary aim of providing selected information about the University and its teaching and research activities and is not intended to constitute specific advice in relation to any of your particular requirements. Although every reasonable effort has been made to ensure that the information and material on our website is accurate at the time of publication, it is subject to variation at any time without notice and we provide no warranty that information or content or material on our website will be accurate or complete at any particular time. If you believe that any information or material published on our website is inaccurate or misleading, please let us know and, if we confirm this to be the case, we will make a correction as soon as is reasonably practical.
Our website may contain advice, opinion, statements or other information by various authors or organisations. Reliance upon any such advice, opinion, statement or other information is at your own risk and to the fullest extent permitted by law we disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any user of our website or by anyone who may be informed of such materials.
Our website may contain links to third party websites ('Linked Sites'). We are not responsible if the Linked Site is not working properly and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of any website or any association with its operators. You are responsible for viewing and abiding by the privacy and copyright notices and terms and conditions posted at Linked Sites.
Content, material and services are provided on our website on an 'AS IS' and 'AS AVAILABLE' basis and to the fullest extent permitted by law we exclude any representations or any warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
In no event shall we be liable to any party for any of the following losses or damages (whether such losses be foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): loss of data, loss of revenue or anticipated profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, loss of goodwill or injury to reputation, loss suffered by third parties, any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential loss or damages arising out of the use of our website or reliance on the content, material and services provided on our website or accessed through it, whether or not amended by third parties and regardless of form of action.
Our failure at any time to enforce any right we may have against you does not mean that we have waived our right or that we will not enforce that right at a later time.